NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Out of the box question (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2851)

jjwalker69 08-01-2012 09:13 PM

Out of the box question

This is weird but I was just thinking about it. I have a mole on the back on my head that kinda sticks out. When they shave my head will they just like rip it off?lol What's gonna happen?!

ctraggie 08-01-2012 10:08 PM

It's pretty hard to shave those things off. It may or may not bleed a bit, but it'll probably stay attached.

jjwalker69 08-01-2012 10:43 PM

lmao okay. I have a feeling that they aren't too light to the touch when they shave your head so I was just wondering. Looks like I'll just have to see when I get there. I'll probably be holding a paper towel on the back of my head for the first few hours :/

AndersonLD09 08-02-2012 06:23 AM

I have the same worry. I have one on the side of my head and I'm debating whether I should just see what happens or get my hair cut ahead of time so they can see it when they buzz my head

Ncnavymom 08-02-2012 10:27 AM

Anderson has a good idea. Go ahead and cut your hair close before you leave so 1 you may not need a cut or 2 if you do they'll see it.

jjwalker69 08-02-2012 11:51 AM

I had the EXACT same idea! But I heard it's bad to shave your head before boot camp because it'll single me out... I'll just trim it or put like a sticker on it or something.

AndersonLD09 08-03-2012 08:33 AM

I'm not saying shave your head completely like they will at RTC because yeah they probably will call you out. I'm just going to get it cut a few days before I leave just short enough to see it. I usually get my hair cut kinda short already anyways for comfort, so if they call me out then there's nothing I can do about it lol.

jjwalker69 08-03-2012 11:37 AM

True. That's pretty much what I think boot camp will be- being called out for something out of our control...

sweetmtn 08-03-2012 11:53 AM

Depending on when you leave for boot, shaving your head can be a good idea...just dont do it for the first time like right before you go! Both my sons always all their lives have had either flat top hair cuts or buzzed. So their heads werent "tender white" before going. They both were tanned evenly with buzzed heads so it wasnt like they were trying to get around having their heads shaved again. Now my son that is now out of the navy STILL keeps his hair very short..my army son always "bics" his head every other day. Both of them have the problem of their hair growing fast.

Devin 12-04-2013 10:15 AM

Question regarding this put not entirely the same. So I have a mole on the back of my head near the Hair line. I am getting it checked soon because i accidentally scratched it, Anyway If I have to get it removed what do I do I am in DEP.

LT Guppy 12-04-2013 10:41 AM

Notify your recruiter.

Admin note: Please start a new thread rather than bumping a two year old thread