NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Faces of bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5543)

Atom_breaker 05-04-2014 08:10 PM

Faces of bootcamp

Was watching the YouTube video of navy bootcamp again today, and noticed during the runs, the recruits have something wrapped around their right ankles.. What is that? You can see the large white socks, then there is a little blue band that looks like a watch or an ankle monitor or something.. Anyone know what it is?

LT Guppy 05-04-2014 08:19 PM

It's the timer, for tracking your run time.

FutureND 05-04-2014 10:01 PM

They have a tendency of missing a lap here and there. It sucks and most rdc's will say oh well run another one. We were told to run an extra lap every time just in case.

Atom_breaker 05-04-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy2010 (Post 44135)
It's the timer, for tracking your run time.

That's cool. I pictured someone standing around with a stop watch and paper hahaha.. Guess this is 2014...:rofl:

Auridan 05-05-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atom_breaker (Post 44137)
That's cool. I pictured someone standing around with a stop watch and paper hahaha.. Guess this is 2014...:rofl:

There's also gonna be a few hundred recruits running at a time, so that's pretty much impossible.

They tell you not to, but when I ran, I always glanced up at the board to see my name and lap count go by, just to make sure I was getting counted. Don't do it if you're borderline though.

Haasino 05-05-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auridan (Post 44151)
They tell you not to, but when I ran, I always glanced up at the board to see my name and lap count go by, just to make sure I was getting counted. Don't do it if you're borderline though.

I did that too... I also made sure to swing to the outside of the track each lap and pass directly next to the sensors. I never had a lap skipped but a few people from my division who ran on the inside in a big group did...

Mparker181 05-05-2014 06:50 PM

Make sure you count your own laps too so you can keep a good pace. Oh and that video is shit, not much like bootcamp in my opinion. But move to the outside when you pass the sensors and do not walk at all.. Or call a tto but you'll learn about that in bootcamp

LT Guppy 05-05-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mparker181 (Post 44159)
Make sure you count your own laps too so you can keep a good pace. Oh and that video is shit, not much like bootcamp in my opinion. But move to the outside when you pass the sensors and do not walk at all.. Or call a tto but you'll learn about that in bootcamp

Do not use TTOs (training time outs) as an easy way out. However, if there is a situation that is a genuine safety risk, don't be afraid to get an RDCs attention.