View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #28
cire

cire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamayamaa View Post
No. At least, not for Triple Threat, which is the division that provides music and drill. They don't want someone who doesn't know what they're doing in Triple Threat because that division has a rather large responsibility for PIR and if they sound or look bad, the reviewing officer is NOT happy, not to mention it looks bad on the Navy in front of all the parents. We practiced once per week for about a month before our first PIR performance. Then we were in the drill hall four times each week, each time being inspected by the RO and other drill hall staff to make sure we didn't suck.
Band practices in boot camp. That was definitely a nice little break lol except their instruments you had to use sucked. I got my trombone shipped to me during A school at Great Lakes when I was in the base band there. Not sure if it's the same guy running the band now, but the band director officer dude hated drum corps, so I had to bring it up as much as possible. lol

Quote:
mack_it_nasty: my boyfriend wouldnt like that gee.
geeMA: the hell? you told me you were single. lol
mack_it_nasty: oh did i...
geeMA: i got trolled
cire is offline   Reply With Quote