View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YNS_KP View Post
Hello all,

My original shipdate was 20140401. However, my recruiter just called me and told me that I could go next month if I wanted (however, he doesn't know the exact day until I saw a definite yes).

First of all, is it generally better to go to RTC in the dead of winter or the early spring?

Second, rushing up RTC by at least two months is kind of scary as I was mentally prepared to make a slower transition.

Logistically it would be a challenge to get ready to go by January but it makes more logical sense. Any advice is appreciated; I told him I would tell him tomorrow so speed is of the essence.

Thank you, shipmates!
Kyle
From what I've been seeing on my weather app for Great Lakes, it's ridiculously cold there during the winter :P Especially if you're coming from a warmer climate.

If it was me though, I would wait. I would like the extra time to become more prepared. But that's me lol I always like being as prepared as I can

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote