View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #23
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCarnation View Post
IT sucked, but ITE is worse. I'm pretty sure that's built into the schedule so no avoiding it.
It's not... ITE is actually hard to schedule due to rules and regulations; your RDC needs to route a chit through the ship's chain-of-command, there have to be witnesses from other divisions, usually the Ship's LCPO monitors, the compartment doors must remain open, etc. I asked my RDC when we were roving together a few weeks after graduation why she never ITE'd our division... she said the chit took too long to get approved and, in her opinion, it would've been like punishing a dog hours after it crapped on the carpet. She preferred to IT us as soon as we f**ked up, because it got the message across. There was a division on the floor above us though that was getting ITE'd at least once a week... we knew because they had to announce it over the ship's 1MC (PA System).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvy View Post
I hope I don't get sent home THAT WOULD SUCK... i would literally cry my eyes out and feel so embarrassed to tell my parents or friends what happened. it would mean all this time i spent in DEP would be a waste; i wanna be in part of the navy team SO BADLY.
At this point in time, you honestly have to go out of your way to get sent home... messing up instructions or being too tired to do more push-ups during IT will get you yelled at, but not sent home... going to medical repeatedly to try to get out of doing anything... psychological breakdowns... suicide attempts... touching another recruit in ANY way... those are the sort of things that get you sent home.

As other's have advised above... spend your time in DEP memorizing your START Guide and working out. If you can show up to RTC able to pass your PFA and already knowing 90% of the stuff in your guide, the hardest part of bootcamp will be fighting boredom and annoyance at the people around you who are messing up because they didn't prepare.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote