View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #11
cire

cire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachml7 View Post
I'm still really confused about how much does or doesn't get taken out
Your pay for it in boot camp. You won't see the amount. It doesn't matter how much it is you will never see it. You will get money in boot camp that you can use to buy things at the store.. it's from your paycheck.. so the less you buy in boot camp, the more you will come out with. If you are an E1, you are going to get paid crap.. try to save your money.

After boot camp, there really is no reason for you to buy new uniforms for a couple of years unless you lose a ton of weight or make chief in 3-4 years which won't happen.

You will get new uniform allowances I think either every year or every couple of years I forget.. it's good enough to buy a couple of new uniforms but that's about it.

As far as A school, you might be able to get off base.. take a taxi or if you know someone in town who has a car.. but at great lakes I think most people stayed on base because there was so many things to do there.

E-nothings get paid crap.. try to save your money if you can.

Quote:
mack_it_nasty: my boyfriend wouldnt like that gee.
geeMA: the hell? you told me you were single. lol
mack_it_nasty: oh did i...
geeMA: i got trolled
cire is offline   Reply With Quote