View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
BKinsman

BKinsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctraggie View Post
CTR has been steadily increasing the manned % ever since I signed my contract... It's up to 92%, was in the 80s when I signed.

Is this a sign that they'll soon be cutting it down?
Just from my understanding but it is at 92% of where they want it to be. Meaning they ideally want it at 100%.

E1-E3 looks heavy but E4 and E5 look undermanned which is excellent for advancement. If I read it right getting from E3 to E4 is at 100% which effectively means TIR, a few months after A school and we should be Petty Officers 3rd Class. And E4 to E5 is at around 56%, also damned good.

Getting E6 oddly looks tougher than getting E7. In all areas we are above the Navy's average as far as advancement except for E6 where we are a good bit lower.

The main culprit for that looks like the number of 'wanted' CTR1 drops by 91 from FY2012 to FY2014, going from 95% manning to 106% if it stays at the present number. Anything below 100% is good for us. E1-E3 doesn't matter overmuch except that you know they will be 'flowing up'.

That's my understanding of it at least. Craig, could you give ctraggie and I some insight on what is notable on the CTR community overview?
BKinsman is offline   Reply With Quote