Thread: PIR Weekend
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
llamayamaa

llamayamaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Breen View Post
Hi all,
My in-laws and I are trying to make plans for PIR weekend and I have some questions about lodging. Would anyone recommend the Gateway Inn and Suites or the Navy Lodge? If so, what is the distance from those locations to the drill hall and the main gate where the train stop is? We are flying in are trying to find a reasonable place to stay and hopefully not rent a car.

Thanks!
The Navy Lodge is about a mile and a half down the road from RTC graduation (NOT on base). It's a pretty nice hotel, but reservations are tough and there might not be rooms available. Gateway Inn/Suites is on the base across the street from RTC and I'd say about the same distance from the grad hall.

The Metra that you would catch to go into the city is literally right outside the gate where Midway Ceremonial Hall is.

If all you're planning to do is go into the city, or go to restaurants along the Metra line, you could get away with just using taxis. But if you want to do anything else, you might want to consider renting a car.

The link for the navyformoms thread from 2009 is a little outdated, so be aware some polices have changed (as far as how you get on to RTC, leaving cars there, taking shuttles, etc).
llamayamaa is offline   Reply With Quote