View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeUSN View Post
What is going on everybody. Couple questions.
1. Are there breaks at RTC, bathroom, shaving, phone calls?
2. Honestly, How is the yelling, is there a lot or does it vary by RDC?
3. How does graduation work, is there liberty prior like going into Chicago, or is that afterwards, and how long does graduation last?
Well, let me see if I can answer these for you:
#1 breaks..not in the sense you are thinking. yes you can go the the bathroom if you really need to, but if you are in class or in the middle of some training thing..LOL Phone calls, you earn them...other than that first phone call home when you arrive there.

#2 yelling..yes it COULD depend on the RDC, and if your division sucks at stuff, you all will pay the price.

#3 No liberty before your PIR/graduation...if I remember, it takes a couple of hours and depends on how many are in your PIR to graduate. THEN you are given time with your family..however if you are grad-n-go, you can move to your new A school(if still at Great Lakes) and you can spend the weekend with family. If you have to travel to your A school, you have til about 2000 hrs(8 o'clock) then back to boot for the night then released to family again in the morning..BUT you can have watch duty and loose time with family, or your division can get in trouble and loose time with family...

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote