View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #12
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
There is no need to be sarcastic, not like I'm trying to squeeze some from the Navy.

I know everybody here is "serving our country", but ain't your service paid? Would you do it for free? At least I'm prepared to bear the lost of not being able to work for 5-6 months and paying rent from my savings the moment I signed the contract in July,2014.

I'm only curious of what been said in this letter, and to see if I'm qualified.
If it does work that way, it must be a legitimate and rightful benefit of a sailor. And other future sailors who are qualified would benefit from reading this thread.

I'll be away for 5-6 months, and will be with no income except the little pay checks from the Navy during bootcamp and A school. And the landlord won't let my cousin to sublet my room to other people, and my cousin cannot afford it without me. So I'll be paying the rent out of my savings.

Most of the future sailors here are active duty and will live on base or ship out, so you don't have any rent problems to worry about.
But I have a full time job, and a small business. My LLC is registered to my current address, I cannot just simply cancel everything and move my personal stuff to some public storage for that 5-6 months.

Thanks.
Sounds like you didn't look at all the consequences of signing up for the Reserves. No one here is being sarcastic but you aren't entitled to benefits just because you are a reservist. The Navy Reserve isn't like the other reserves as what benefits they offer.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote