NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Echowolf

Echowolf is on a distinguished road
Default Rate Advancement in Boot Camp?

I'm currently in DEP as an E-1 and I'm finishing up the DEP PQS so I'll have the chance to advance to E-2. When the recruiter was finishing up asking me questions she said that finishing the PQS up will give me my E-2 out of boot camp. My question is this; would passing the PQS give me the opportunity to get advanced to E-3 during boot camp? As someone in the AECF program I'd be getting my E-2 out of boot camp anyway so I'm curious if doing the PQS would give me the chance to get my E-3 out of boot camp. I know getting advanced at RTC isn't a certain thing but I'd like to know would this give me the chance to get advanced.

Also, what other things could I do to increase the chances of me getting advanced at boot camp; I've already memorized the general orders, the sailors creed, the phonetic alphabet, most of the ranks and recognition (I'm finishing up memorizing the proper way of describing each one and the way to describe officer shoulder boards and sleeves), basic movements, some of the RTC chain of command, and Navy vocabulary. I'm also already physically fit and very motivated. What other things would help me achieve this? Thanks in advance.
Echowolf is offline   Reply With Quote