NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 10-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
vabchsue

vabchsue is on a distinguished road

My son turned 19 at BC and nothing was said/done. We sent him a card and just made up for it once he finished there and was back here.
vabchsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
jhampton002

jhampton002 is on a distinguished road

Ha no his shipmates will turn him in and say it is his birthday. I wouldn't tell anyone when his birthday is. And they don't check your record for when your birthday is.
jhampton002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
Seabiscuit

Seabiscuit is on a distinguished road

Send him cards, even if he gets "caught" with them the worst they are going to do is a short IT session (8 counts and mountain climbers are no longer allowed I believe) all in good fun. It's the closest he's going to get to a Bday party while in there. We had three guys have birthdays while in and even though they had to do a 30/30/30 the got double dessert. Let him have the experience and a story to tell.
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
jaxx10

jaxx10 is on a distinguished road
Talking

I totally agree with you Seabiscuit... Though im still waiting for a ship date ... If i leave this year i will be having a bday and turning 37.. jawdrop: not afraid !!!

Storytime : My brother had had his 19 bday while at marine bootcamp and he retells WITH A HUGE SMILE everytime.. that that morning the DRill instructor lined everyone up and announces that today was a SPECIAL day ... some one was having a bday ... and that they would be having a little birthday party... he had to pick 4-6 friends (cant remember) ...then got IT the hell out of him and his friends ...LMAO ... his friends were hating him ...but at graduation. The instructor asked him if he had liked his unforgetttable Bday party .. til this day he tells it and says it was an experience he's glad he had! and his buddies still laugh and curse out my brother ...
jaxx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
Dianakit12
**Active Duty**

Dianakit12 will become famous soon enough

I know in my DIV we had a few people that had birthdays... Someone told our RDC's about it and the whole day we worried we were gonna get IT'd just because it was her birthday. It came time for taps and we were all pretty confident we weren't gonna get IT'd. Ha! Right as everyone was ready to mount racks, one RDC called out, "LOCK AND LOAD!" So much for not getting IT'd.

Another time, our RDC's waited until taps to announce it to the rest of the DIV that it was our MA's birthday. We thought we were going to get IT'd like last time, but no. He just told everyone to sing happy birthday XD One time, it was our third RDC's birthday and our second RDC came out right before chow and told us to all sing happy birthday to her really loud, 'cause she was over in brother DIV's compartment. Great times x3
Dianakit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
culp7

culp7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit View Post
Send him cards, even if he gets "caught" with them the worst they are going to do is a short IT session (8 counts and mountain climbers are no longer allowed I believe) all in good fun. It's the closest he's going to get to a Bday party while in there. We had three guys have birthdays while in and even though they had to do a 30/30/30 the got double dessert. Let him have the experience and a story to tell.
both 8 counts and mountain climbers?? damn people must have been getting hurt or something, cause they ain't that hard lol...
culp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
tcmartin1994

tcmartin1994 is on a distinguished road

After I signed my contract I asked my recruiter about it, because I will be turning 19 at the halfway point of RTC. He said if I have some of the more laid-backs RDCs, they might let me get an extra phone call home, but dont count on it. I guess it just really depends on your RDCs.
tcmartin1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
Sbrennan188

Sbrennan188 is on a distinguished road

A buddy of mine happened to get a birthday card with conffeti inside of it at RTC. His buddies got to do some extra PT while he ran up and down the line tossing the conffeti singing "It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to!" Then when they were done he had to clean up the conffeti, picking it up one piece at a time and running it over to the garbage can. So be carful what you send.
Sbrennan188 is offline   Reply With Quote