NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Back From Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 06-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
shamablama

shamablama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
Is the food at boot camp good? My recruiter says it is, but I don't know if I believe that...
I LOVED boot camp food. I actually miss it sometimes. There definitely was no lobster, but they did serve fish and veal every now and then. Breakfast was awesome. You can get cereal at all 3 meals if you want, too. The salad bar was good too. And the desserts were delicious!

Depped in 01AUG2013
Shipping out 25MAR2014
Air Traffic Controller
shamablama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
mike
Banned

mike is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamablama View Post
I LOVED boot camp food. I actually miss it sometimes. There definitely was no lobster, but they did serve fish and veal every now and then. Breakfast was awesome. You can get cereal at all 3 meals if you want, too. The salad bar was good too. And the desserts were delicious!
Nice, now I'm excited for bootcamp...kinda. It will be nice to have ok food and a few grand in the bank at the end.

Btw, how much do they deduct from your paychecks during bootcamp? (rough estimate) I'm going in as e3 so I'm hoping to have 2 grand in the bank at the end of the 2 months.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
shamablama

shamablama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
Nice, now I'm excited for bootcamp...kinda. It will be nice to have ok food and a few grand in the bank at the end.

Btw, how much do they deduct from your paychecks during bootcamp? (rough estimate) I'm going in as e3 so I'm hoping to have 2 grand in the bank at the end of the 2 months.
I dont think I can answer this too accurately, I am married so I had BAH and separation pay coming in. But most of the e1s and e2s in my division even had about $2k in their account by the end of boot camp. But that also depends on you and if you have bills coming out of your account or not.

Depped in 01AUG2013
Shipping out 25MAR2014
Air Traffic Controller
shamablama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #4
Sberrios96

Sberrios96 is on a distinguished road

i was wondering about the peanut butter shot its honestly the only thing ive been worried about. im allergic to penicillin but i dont remember telling meps that i faintly remember telling my recruiter that i was before going up to meps. so my question is do they ask who is allergic to penicillin while they administer the shots? i meet with my recruiter wednesday so obviously im going to check with him although i already called him and he says he thinks that its on my medical records
Sberrios96 is offline   Reply With Quote