NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
cttaef21

cttaef21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo(Rich'smom) View Post
Hi Craig.
So I just saw you mentioned NFCU...My son didn't open an account there cause the nearest one was pretty far AND Chase bank came to his recruiters office and spoke to the recruiters about the Chase Military Account. He opened an account with them and put me on it as a signer...he figured it was best in case I ever need to take care of his bills,etc. should he ever aquire any.
In any case, my question is ...would it be better if he does open up an account with NFCU and close his Chase or should we just leave it alone?

He doesnt ship out till September 18...so If we need to do anything i'd rather do it while he is still here.
Nearest one might be far now, but once he is in, it will be much easier...You can sign up now, but it's not really a big deal to wait until boot camp...Most people seemed to do that when I was there(as did I)...They are very helpful and informative. and they hand deliver your debit card and walk you through all the steps...They also offer a credit card as well...If your son is responsible, it would be good to get, helps to build credit and establish proper spending habits...I had a credit card prior to boot camp that I only used to buy dorm accessories and paid it back right away...Got an $11k credit limit through Navy Fed...I just used it to last month to purchase my flight home for leave...and the iPhone app is great, it even lets me pay my credit card...I couldn't be happier with Navy Fed so far
cttaef21 is offline   Reply With Quote