NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-03-2015, 11:13 AM   #1
digitalxhottie

digitalxhottie is on a distinguished road

I know this is an older post, so Im wondering if anything has changed since 2009? LoL
Old 07-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #2
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalxhottie View Post
I know this is an older post, so Im wondering if anything has changed since 2009? LoL
Not really.... lol

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

The general day-to-day framework of RTC isn't going to change much... still the same length, still the same evolutions and classes that need to be completed... and still the same in-processing during P-Days. What changes are the little things: you may wear tennis shoes longer with your NWU's... you may get issued an iPad... female's may not have to get their hair cut.

What's going to vary the most is how each individual RDC chooses to run their division... there are training objectives that have to be met, and external pressure from Admin... but it's generally up the the RDC how the Division is run. That's why you'll hear a lot of "it depends" answers. Phone calls? IT? Yelling? Leadership positions and promotion? It's all largely up to your RDC... some don't give phone calls except for the "I'm here" and "I'm a Sailor now" calls... some don't IT much... some don't promote people... it all just depends.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:11 PM   #4
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

One of the divisions in my training group NEVER got IT. Their RDCs didn't believe in it. Needless to say, all of our jaws dropped...

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."

Old 07-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #5
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

We never did Divisional ITE... I went through shortly after the water hazing scandal, so there were all kinds of regulations in place for ITE... Admin had to be notified in writing, other division's RDC's had to be present, which meant it had to be done around their schedule as well... as my RDC's put it, it's punishing a dog 3 days after it's pissed on the rug.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #6
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

Wow that's ridiculous. We did one OFFICIAL ITE session which included announcing it over the 1MC, placing a sign on the door, stuff like that. IT was on our first day of fit for full lol

The rest of the times we had shady ITE sessions. Same thing as ITE but using some sort of loophole in the system

Old 07-04-2015, 06:36 AM   #7
digitalxhottie

digitalxhottie is on a distinguished road

Ill just go in expecting my RDC to be hungry LoL - Best behavior