NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Soooo, CTT1...are y'all looking for cross raters? In a year and a half, say? >_>

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auridan View Post
Soooo, CTT1...are y'all looking for cross raters? In a year and a half, say? >_>
Right now the rates extremely full; last I checked we weren't taking convert-ins. Although it's the Navy, and who knows what it'll be next month or even tomorrow. Your best bet would be checking into it when you're ready to make a move. Since we are at the peak now it would make sense that in a year or so there could be some room as we shave off some numbers over the next FY or 2.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:39 AM   #3
USNAVYCASTRO

USNAVYCASTRO is on a distinguished road

Hey new to the forum, quick questions, I was extremely interested on becoming a CTI I already know Spanish pretty fluently and French at a beginner level, but I was also along the lines of CTT because I hear it's an excellent career choice. I was mostly wondering what type of algebra would be necessary to know in order to become one of the two, and any ways to study up before hand. Thanks in advance.
USNAVYCASTRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:05 AM   #4
isf215

isf215 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAVYCASTRO View Post
Hey new to the forum, quick questions, I was extremely interested on becoming a CTI I already know Spanish pretty fluently and French at a beginner level, but I was also along the lines of CTT because I hear it's an excellent career choice. I was mostly wondering what type of algebra would be necessary to know in order to become one of the two, and any ways to study up before hand. Thanks in advance.
Knowing Spanish and a little bit of French is good and will help you out a lot. To qualify to become a CTI you need to score a 110 on the DLAB, (I think that's what it's at now, but don't quote me on the number), and you take that at MEPS as a separate test after the ASVAB.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-np...Pages/CTI.aspx

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-np...Pages/CTT.aspx

This site has the qualifications and scores for the ASVAB for becoming a CTI and a CTT. It's mostly just basic math that you learned in high school, nothing too hard.

Hope this helps
isf215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:51 AM   #5
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like the post above me states, having some language skills beforehand is a definite plus. The only algebra you're going to need is for the ASVAB though, so don't stress to much about that.

The best thing you can do at this point is study up for the ASVAB (there are a TON of books out there to help). As far as I'm aware there really isn't a way to study for the DLAB. So just get solid on the basics and you'll be on a good path!

/r
CTT1
Old 08-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #6
USNAVYCASTRO

USNAVYCASTRO is on a distinguished road

Thanks isf215 and CTT1(sw)Griffin. Appreciate the responses.
Now just time to condition to score big on the pft.
USNAVYCASTRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #7
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Thanks isf215 and CTT1(sw)Griffin. Appreciate the responses.
Now just time to condition to score big on the pft.
Anytime!

I would focus more on the ASVAB right now than your PRT. Your PRT isn't an issue until your're actually AT boot camp (just as long as you're in BF standards), while the ASVAB is going to determine what you're even eligible for.

/r
CTT1

Tags
cryptologic, ctm, ctn, ctr, ctt