NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Airmen (Airdales) > AW = NAVAL AIRCREWMAN (AWO, AWF, AWV, AWS, AWR)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 10-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #1
BWWhite2275

BWWhite2275 is on a distinguished road

I am currently talking to a recruiter and I eat to go be AWR or AWS. I'm confused as to what steps I should take to have the best opportunity of getting AIRR. Outside of passing all requirements and asvab, is there any additional steps I can take to set my self up to pursue AWR & AWS?
BWWhite2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:01 AM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWWhite2275 View Post
I am currently talking to a recruiter and I eat to go be AWR or AWS. I'm confused as to what steps I should take to have the best opportunity of getting AIRR. Outside of passing all requirements and asvab, is there any additional steps I can take to set my self up to pursue AWR & AWS?
Answered via message but I will repost here:

Rescue Swimmer is considered a "challenge program", so if you meet the requirements physically there is a high chance you'll get a shot.

Specifically you should be talking to your area Spec War Motivator. They're a point of contact in the area for challenge program applicants.

Talk to your recruiter about it. But aside from voicing your desire and being able to meet the requirements, it isn't that hard of a process to get a shot at it.

/r
CTT1
Old 10-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #3
tasteytots

tasteytots is on a distinguished road

Orders to NACCS, only 18days long? Thought it was much longer then that?
And classifications also said A school is now 18days? Anyone have any idea what is going on?
tasteytots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:37 PM   #4
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasteytots View Post
Orders to NACCS, only 18days long? Thought it was much longer then that?
And classifications also said A school is now 18days? Anyone have any idea what is going on?
The course length itself is listed on paper as 19 days, but that's actual training days; not the amount of time you'll actually spend there. So that may be what they're referring to and it's just getting lost in translation. You'll still have plenty of time in holding waiting to class up, extra PT days if you fail something, weekends and holidays, all kinds of things could happen. Most people spend a couple months there before moving on to their respective A-schools. Take a look at your orders and look for anything that is temporary duty; that's most likely where the rest of your time there is.

Even as a Fleet Returnee, which they try to get through as soon as possible, I was still there from October to December.

/r
CTT1
Old 11-09-2016, 02:39 PM   #5
PhildoBaggins

PhildoBaggins is on a distinguished road

Ok, I have searched all over the internet, and have not found a decent answer. And yes, this is a serious question, haha. How you use the bathroom when you're on a mission? I read before on this thread that the P-8s have a "real bathroom", but what about the smaller planes and helos?
PhildoBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:39 AM   #6
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoBaggins View Post
Ok, I have searched all over the internet, and have not found a decent answer. And yes, this is a serious question, haha. How you use the bathroom when you're on a mission? I read before on this thread that the P-8s have a "real bathroom", but what about the smaller planes and helos?
Helos I have no idea. They don't fly for that long anyway so it's probably just suck it up.

On P-3's and EP-3's it's basically a little tower with an opening at the top. We call it an R2-D2 haha The trainee's usually empty it after each flight and hang it up.

P-8's have a working head and have it suctioned out after each flight, just like a regular commercial flight.

/r
CTT1
Old 11-10-2016, 12:55 PM   #7
PhildoBaggins

PhildoBaggins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Helos I have no idea. They don't fly for that long anyway so it's probably just suck it up.

On P-3's and EP-3's it's basically a little tower with an opening at the top. We call it an R2-D2 haha The trainee's usually empty it after each flight and hang it up.

P-8's have a working head and have it suctioned out after each flight, just like a regular commercial flight.

/r
CTT1
So basically, do not eat anything crazy that might give you the runs then? Lol, poor R2D2. Glad to know that will be one of the things that I can possibly look forward to if I get AIRC when I go to MEPS. I guess I will have to invest in some Vicks Vapo Rub for the nostrils. hahahaha.
PhildoBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote