NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Challenge Coins

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 10-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
DevilDoc Mom

DevilDoc Mom is on a distinguished road

Craig- They look great! Can't wait to get the USS Kearsarge Coin- ordered it today. It will be part of my son's Christmas this year. Where can I get the story that goes with the coin? Looking forward to reading about the ship's history. Thanks for all the work you put into these coins!
DevilDoc Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDoc Mom View Post
Craig- They look great! Can't wait to get the USS Kearsarge Coin- ordered it today. It will be part of my son's Christmas this year. Where can I get the story that goes with the coin? Looking forward to reading about the ship's history. Thanks for all the work you put into these coins!
DevilDoc - I'd love to get the stories going. I actually enjoy writing them. However, I need to design all the boot camp coins before I can write the stories behind them. They want the coins designed 1st.

So, the Kearsarge will be written, I just don't know when. I still need the USS Shields, USS Hopper, and the USS Burke done 1st.... but I will have a story written. I want the deppers/sailors to understand the meaning of their ship.

Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
DevilDoc Mom

DevilDoc Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
DevilDoc - I'd love to get the stories going. I actually enjoy writing them. However, I need to design all the boot camp coins before I can write the stories behind them. They want the coins designed 1st.

So, the Kearsarge will be written, I just don't know when. I still need the USS Shields, USS Hopper, and the USS Burke done 1st.... but I will have a story written. I want the deppers/sailors to understand the meaning of their ship.
Thank Craig. I got the coin in the mail today & it looks great! You did a fantastic job on the design. Good luck with the remaining coins!
DevilDoc Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #4
Craig
Administrator

All - Hey guys wanted to let you know some interesting news. The company I have been designing the Navy boot camp challenge coins for has ask that I become a partner.

Now that I have only one challenge coin to complete, Ship-2, and after much consideration, I have decided to become part of their company.

Now that I'm almost done, I can spend more time here. I really miss the old days talking to you guys....

Woo-hoo.... Go Navy!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
pmhangel

pmhangel is on a distinguished road

Hello Craig:
Do you know if there will ever be a coin for the USS Marvin Shields. It was Ship 13 when our gandson was in BC. It's great news that you will be able to spend more time at the site. Your words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

Connie (PNG)
pmhangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
pmhangel

pmhangel is on a distinguished road

OOOPS!! Excuse me, Craig. As I scroll this thread, I see that you have completed the 'Marvin Shields." YAHOO -- can't wait to get this for the holidays. Thank you so much, Craig

Connie (PNG)
pmhangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #7
Craig
Administrator

Hey Connie,
I have completed the Marvin Shields. It is now out for minting. It should be ready in about 2 weeks. Just keep checking ebay at this link:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/pirgifts/m.html

Last edited by Craig; 08-13-2014 at 01:13 AM.