NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Airmen (Airdales) > AD = AVIATION MACHINISTS MATE

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2018, 08:04 PM   #2
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

I can’t give you a 100% definitive answer to this because it depends on so much. But I can give you an expert opinion... The AD rate technically doesn’t require an A-school (for SELRES). So, I’d say you were fortunate that your command allowed an A-school instead of sending you straight home out of boot. They usually send reservist to a-school because they DO want you to know your rate. But when it comes to C-school, my bet would be that they don’t want to spend that money. Depending on which C-School you want and the length of it it is possible that you can get orders for it next year. But that depends on a host of other things including your hard and/or soft billet, whether the money pot is full, etc.
Like I said, this isn’t a definitive answer. There are simply too many variables. But if I were a betting man I’d say, “No.”
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote