NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Pass In Review (Graduation)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
cttaef21

cttaef21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyBoii View Post
I can see how that would be an upside haha. i heard once you get your wisdom teeth pulled (if needed) you get a couple days to just rest so i'm sure a lot of people look forward to that despite the pain.
I got mine pulled on a wednesday at like 1400...I slept from then until I woke up for late chow at 1900(couldn't go with the division because i was still bleeding) and then ate some jello, came back and slept until taps, woke up for taps and then ate breakfast(liquids again), come back and slept, chow again, etc...On thursday, I slept for roughly 21 hours...The vicodin knocks you out but after those SIQ days you feel so rejuvenated...Rest of boot camp I didn't have that super tired feeling that alot of people get...Never had to worry about falling asleep anywhere
cttaef21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
NavyBoii

NavyBoii is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttaef21 View Post
I got mine pulled on a wednesday at like 1400...I slept from then until I woke up for late chow at 1900(couldn't go with the division because i was still bleeding) and then ate some jello, came back and slept until taps, woke up for taps and then ate breakfast(liquids again), come back and slept, chow again, etc...On thursday, I slept for roughly 21 hours...The vicodin knocks you out but after those SIQ days you feel so rejuvenated...Rest of boot camp I didn't have that super tired feeling that alot of people get...Never had to worry about falling asleep anywhere
Glad to hear that! i'm 90% sure ill need to get mine pulled when i go to RTC.
NavyBoii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
cttaef21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyBoii View Post
Glad to hear that! i'm 90% sure ill need to get mine pulled when i go to RTC.
Do they give you pain at all?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #4
F/S-MARodriguez

F/S-MARodriguez is on a distinguished road

Anyone know if we're allowed to go to Chicago? It's only 37 miles from RTC according to google maps so we should be ok, right?
F/S-MARodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by F/S-MARodriguez View Post
Anyone know if we're allowed to go to Chicago? It's only 37 miles from RTC according to google maps so we should be ok, right?
Yes, you can. We took the train.
You'll be done with PIR by noon, or closer to 3 if youre moving across the street for A School.
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
cttaef21

Quote:
As long as you are not a grad n go to San Antonio, then you will be able to go...Take the train that is right next to base...It's cheaper, no traffic to deal with, and parking is impossible in Chicago...If you don't leave until Sunday, Saturday would be the best time to go because you get more liberty time.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
F/S-MARodriguez

F/S-MARodriguez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As long as you are not a grad n go to San Antonio, then you will be able to go...Take the train that is right next to base...It's cheaper, no traffic to deal with, and parking is impossible in Chicago...If you don't leave until Sunday, Saturday would be the best time to go because you get more liberty time.
My A-school is in San Antonio does that mean I'll automatically be grad n go?
F/S-MARodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
cttaef21

Quote:
My A-school is in San Antonio does that mean I'll automatically be grad n go?
No, I said San Antonio because i saw you were on MA...I was just trying to say that sometimes you could be grad n go but you can also leave Saturday or Sunday...It just depends
Old 09-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
NavyBoii

NavyBoii is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Do they give you pain at all?
Not all the time but on occasion.
NavyBoii is offline   Reply With Quote