NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Airmen (Airdales) > AW = NAVAL AIRCREWMAN (AWO, AWF, AWV, AWS, AWR)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #1
Navywife160

Navywife160 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGirl2015 View Post
You will be re-rated. Most people right now are getting a-pact. Which is undesignated airman. You will be at the needs of the navy when you get to your squadron.
Does that mean they can put him whereever they choose?
Navywife160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navywife160 View Post
Does that mean they can put him whereever they choose?
Yes, often to a ship that's about to deploy since they often need personnel... you may get to request a coast (East Coast vs. West Coast), but I often saw it ignored.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:19 PM   #3
Navywife160

Navywife160 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
Yes, often to a ship that's about to deploy since they often need personnel... you may get to request a coast (East Coast vs. West Coast), but I often saw it ignored.
What would he most likely be doing on the ship if that was the case?
Navywife160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:25 PM   #4
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Haas,

Thanks for the insight man, I appreciate it. I check in on Wednesday but will be there by tomorrow. Taking tomorrow and Tuesday to get acclimated to NAS (never went there when I was at Corry) and work out some.

Ready to get this shit started already haha Plus the last few years at NIOC destroyed my PT, so I'm looking forward to an ass kicking for a bit.

When you say stress set though, what's that actually encompass?

/r
CTT1
Old 11-16-2015, 05:31 AM   #5
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be a set consisting of several different exercises... wide-arm push-ups, crunchs, flutter-kicks, standard push-ups, in-outs, burpees, diamond-grip push-ups. That would be one set... usually with about 15-30 reps for each... and you'd do 3-4 sets before going for a ~3mi run.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #6
J.Morales

J.Morales is on a distinguished road
Default Selected for Orders

Hey guys, hoping an aircrooman can help. I just got Selected for some AWO2 orders. No clue as to what they do. Here's what I found on Google:

COMSUBLANT's job as Commander Task Force 84 is to effectively employ and improve the combat capability of Atlantic Fleet submarines and ASW forces afloat while simultaneously increasing the efficiency of operations ashore. T-AGOS ships are operated by the Military Sealift Command and are under the administrative command of Commander, Undersea Surveillance. They are deployed under the Operational Control (OPCON) of the Theater ASW Commanders, CTF 84 and CTF 12. Civilian technicians who operate and maintain the mission equipment man the SURTASS Operations Center (SOC), the nerve center of the ship. When operating with tactical forces, military detachments are embarked for onboard analysis and direct reporting to fleet units.

So yeah, what am I gonna be doing there? (Attached is the screenshot of the email I received from CMSID)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orders.jpg (40.7 KB, 13 views)
J.Morales is offline   Reply With Quote